COVID-19 Safety Plan
Updated May 16, 2022
We are excited to be able to welcome guests from all over the world again this summer. However Covid is still a very real concern and contagious.
The health and safety of our guests and employees is of utmost importance to us. It is our goal to provide a safe retreat for our guests and safe work environment for our staff. We are committed to the safety of our guests and staff during this time and therefore have implemented precautionary measures and protocols to keep everyone safe.
We have always had high standards of cleanliness and hygiene and use a hospital grade sanitizer when we clean. However, we are taking extra precautions and are paying even more attention to details to ensure that our guests are safe. After a room has been cleaned, we will disinfect again any high touch areas including doorknobs, light switches, toilet flush handles, taps, remote controls, welcome notes, phones and clock radios.
Every room at the Inn has either opening windows or a patio door so that guests have access to fresh air.
All of our rooms have individual AC units and electric baseboard heating which insures that there is no risk of COVID-19 particulates being recirculated.
We have reviewed and follow applicable Tourism and Hospitality Best Practices Guidelines, which were developed by go2HR in conjunction with BC CDC, WorkSafeBC and BCHA, BCLCA, and BLBCA.
Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the Inn for both guests and staff, including the front desk, breakfast room, laundry room and any other locations as necessary.
While masks are no longer mandated in public spaces, guests who are more comfortable wearing a mask in our public spaces, are encouraged to do so.
Keeping a safe distance from other guests and staff is encouraged.
We respectfully request that guests who are ill, have fever or chills, a cough, difficulty breathing, a sore throat, loss of appetite, a headache or extreme fatigue, body aches, nausea or vomiting or diarrhea limit their interaction with other guests and staff to prevent spreading either covid, a cold or the flu. Please let us know if you test positive for covid so that we can taken precautions when we clean your room.
If you should develop any of these symptoms during your stay, please let us know so that we can keep everyone around you safe.
Staff who are experiencing any of the above symptoms are asked to refrain from coming to work until it can be confirmed that they do not have COVID-19. If you develop any symptoms while at work, please contact us immediately.
We know that the virus that causes COVID-19 is spread in several ways:
- By droplets when a person coughs or sneezes, laughs or even speaks
- By touching a contaminated surface before touching the face
We also know that:
- The risk of transmission from one person to another increases the closer we come to other people, the amount of time that we spend near them and the number of people that we come near to.
- The risk of transmission from a surface increases when many people contact the same surface and when those contacts happen in short intervals of time.
- The risk of transmission from surfaces is not the same for all surfaces.
- The risk of transmission increases indoors.
Policies and Protocols
The PHO is at the moment recommending that we do not clean the room for a guest that is staying over.
Proper and frequent hand washing is also effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19. Staff is reminded to wash their hands frequently and definitely before and after cleaning a room.
The following protocols are in place for our guests in order to ensure that a safe physical distance is maintained:
- Where possible, we will pre-register guests to limit the amount of time our guest needs to spend in the office
- We will take payment for the guests’ stay on arrival so that our guest only needs to bring back their keys at the end of their stay
- We give our guests the option to communicate with us by texting us rather than coming into the office by giving them our cell phone number.
- We will also provide our phone number if our guess should prefer to call us
- We will give our guests the option of changing towels and obtaining amenities at the door rather than having staff go into the guest room
- We will provide a laminated, detailed information sheet in the guest room for frequently asked questions to minimize the amount of time that we need to spend with the guest. This laminated Welcome Note can be easily disinfected between guests.
We will disinfect our Point of Sale Machine before and after each guest. We will also disinfect anything else that a guest may have used including the pen and door handle.
We respectfully request that our registered guests do not invite others to visit them while they are staying with us at the Inn.
We will continue to review and adopt the necessary precautionary processes based on the advice of public health authorities.